We all appreciate memorizing power and information Dr.Zakir Naik has about comparative religions and Islam in particular. He is involved in many great works. But here is a word of cautious for all Muslims who consider him their Ideal or follow his preaching blindly just because he gives reference for everything. Below is a link where speeches and views of Dr. Zakir naik were scrutinized by Mufti thoroughly while answering a question about Zakir Naik. Go to the link for details as it is very long. Few important points I am listing below from the discourse:
- Many of his views were found contradictory to Sahi Hadees.
- Many of his interpretation of Quranic verses were against the tafseers written by earlier Islamic scholars
- He is a da’ii of Islam and not to be considered as Scholar of Islam. He is not a qualified Aalim of deen. His comments on fiqh have no merit.
- He is involved in an effort to turn the Muslim Ummah away from following the Mujtahid Imams.
- The opinions of Dr Zakir Naik in Shariah matters and injunctions will not be deemed acceptable unless they are endorsed by a trusted scholar or a Mufti and general public are advised not to heed his opinions in Shariah matters.