The primary purpose of education in India for parents and students is finding a decent job! Students and parents have nothing to do with learning, gaining knowledge, understanding things around us and making life better using the knowledge and information gained. That’s why we produce minimum numbers of Nobel Prize winners and maximum nos. of Doctors and Engineers. All +2 (Intermediate) students who secure good marks in exam have only two choices-either to be an Engineer or a Doctor. As if Art, literature, Economics, geography, Commerce and Science etc. are not worthy for studies. Only those who were not able to secure admission in Engineering and medical opt for other discipline with heavy heart.
Schools do not adopt practical and creative approach to teach students, they just want students to memories notes and vomit them back in exam. Most of the science labs in school are not functional or have faulty equipment’s. The condition of govt. school is even worst.
We fail to realise that the basic purpose of education is not getting job but learning and developing our self as intellectuals. Be well-educated not well-trained.
Kaabil bano, Kaamyabi jhak maar ke peche aaygi!
Students must realise that they must use their brain to think new ideas. Don’t make your brain an encyclopedia by memorising everything. You can buy an encyclopedia in Rs 500 but you can not get a thinking and intelligent brain even after spending millions of dollars.
The guy who is labelled dumb in India, becomes genius when moved to western countries. Because here, asking question with elders is immoral. Doubting is irreligious and saying truth which goes against any religion is heresy. In west kids are encouraged to ask question, they are free to discuss their new ideas and they are rewarded for breaking taboos. In western countries students are not forced to peruse engineering or medical courses but they are encourage to take a course which they find interesting.
In Indian villages, if there is a school, there are no well educated teachers to teach. If there are schools and teachers then there is no furniture and basic amenities.
Some one rightly said “The purpose of school is less about preparing individuals to live independently and more about preparing individuals to live as members of a society by imparting knowledge about the world. In other words, the role of schooling is to equip individuals with the skills necessary to participate in the social life of their community and to change the nature of the social order as needed or desired.”
I do not believe that man and women are equal. I think women are superior to man and everyone will agree with me when it comes to bringing a new life to earth. No man can bear so much pain and suffering that a mother bear during pregnancy and delivery.
Unfortunately, I some countries delivery through major operation is becoming a business for Doctors. They neither wait for normal delivery not do they give correct information to patient and her family member. Moreover, they frighten the pregnant women so much that she agrees for operation willingly. On internet, you will find many posts telling you how painful is normal delivery. However, no one will tell you side effects of major operation.
Since during operation (C-section or A caesarean section which is a surgical procedure to deliver a baby through a cut in the mother’s abdomen (tummy) and uterus (womb)), doctor gave you anesthesia, you do not feel pain immediately. However, later when you wake up you start feeling pain and for at least 24 hours you can’t eat or drink anything. For three to four days, your one hand will remain stagnant by drips. Every now and then Nurse will come for injection. On fourth day, you can walk on your feet and might be discharge from hospital. Your problems will not end here. You will be informed about a list of precautions. Even after six month, you might have back ache and weakness.
In normal delivery, pain is more but after delivery, you are free. Doctors will not be able to charge huge fees, which they charge during operation. Hence, many doctors recommend operation instead of normal delivery to fetch huge amount of money.
To give importance to life, nature device this mechanism of pain. Some C-sections are considered elective, meaning they are requested by the mother for non-medical reasons before she goes into labor. A woman may choose to have a C-section if she wants to plan when she delivers or if she previously had a complicated vaginal delivery.
The decision for operation or normal delivery should be based upon medical condition of patient and baby not on pain or profit. Please check the history of Doctor before starting your treatment.
I am not a woman. However, I am a husband and a father of two beautiful daughters. I was with my wife during both deliveries, and in both cases, Doctor recommended operation for different reasons. In my opinion, normal delivery is better option because it has a shorter hospital stay and recovery time then operation. Stating that C-section is less painful is baseless as cumulative pain is same in both the cases.
Social media, newspaper and news channels are full of Rape news. The Thompson Reuters Foundation, which ranked India as most dangerous country for women is based on the perception of over 500 “experts” and not on Indian citizens. It is a fact that in recent time, some of the most brutal rapes happened in India. Even minor girls are raped and murdered ruthlessly. However, if we go with statistics, India is not the most dangerous country for women. India is not among the top 10 countries having highest rape rate. Many developed country like USA and many European countries have highest rape crime. There are some other countries where such crimes remain unreported or even women are punished instead of male accused.
More than rape, heartless, cruel, inhuman, pitiless rape and murder accompanied with social movement to bring justice to the victim created such a hype about India being the most dangerous country. In India, women have freedom of speech and they can report the incident. There are various women organizations working for women empowerment and justice.
India is a big country with big population. There are villages, cities and metropolitan cities. No one should pass judgement for whole nation for localised incidents. In most of the areas, single women are living without any problem. We cannot ignore that Rape is a big problem in India. However, India is certainly not the most dangerous country for women.
Thanks for reading the post. Please share the post if you like it.
To read third post of the series click here
Today I am starting a very interesting series of short post about fake news, superstitions, and wrong information floating on internet. In every post, I will cover one topic and try to reveal the truth.
Today’s post is about Whether lemonade or lemon with water helps in reducing weight.
You might have encounter at least one article describing how drinking lemon with water can help you reduce your tummy fat drastically within short span of time.
However, this may not be true. “Hot water with lemon in and of itself does not cause any actual weight loss,” says Alissa Rumsey, R.D., a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. However, if this drink is replacing a beverage that is higher in calories, like coffee with sugar or fruit juice – and that results in a calorie deficit – then it can help you lose weight.
Drinking water –whether hot or cold, infused with lemon, or plain –also helps keep your metabolism humming. “Staying hydrated is an important component of a healthy diet because it boosts your metabolism,” says Rumsey. “For those that don’t enjoy plain water, adding some lemon is a great way to boost the flavor without adding calories.”
Moreover, before starting drinking lemon water daily, please consider the side effect of Lemon contains citric acid, which may erode tooth enamel. In addition, lemon contains vitamin C that encourages iron absorption in the body. Too much of it can lead to an increase in the blood levels of iron. Which can damage organs. The acids in lemon juice can cause gastrointestinal side effects. Acidic foods may worsen symptoms of gastrointestinal reflux disease, or GERD, and some people get an upset stomach when they consume too much ascorbic acid.
However, lemon juice has many other health benefits, but over dose of lemon-juice can cause the many problem. Drink one or two lemon juice with water without sugar daily for health benefits. But for weight reduction try other options than to drink lemonade.
To read second post of this series click here
One of the most important thing that holds us back from achieving our goal is Fear. There are different kind of fears.
Fear of Failure
Fear of disrespect
Fear of rejection
Fear of injuries
Fear of losing something valuable
Fear of death
Fear of future
Fear of past mistakes
Fear of Unknown
There can be many other kind of fears, however, there is only one solution to conquer your fear –Face your fear.All humans are same. No one has shark’s teeth. If you fear any of your teacher, boss or even your parents then meet them often and talk to them, spent time with them. Soon you will realize they are just human like you. running away from your fear will not solve your proble.
Fear has profound effect on our personality and daily life. We know about what will happen to us after our death through religious scriptures and science. Both, religious scriptures and science, gives us different picture of this mystery. Science tells us that as we die, we cease to exist and that is the end of everything for us. Whereas religion tells us that death is the beginning of new and real life, where, we will be rewarded or punished. Reward or punishments will be based on our deeds in this world. Punishments will be so severe that mare listening about it frighten you. Fear start playing its role. Fear of unknown start troubling us. We start worrying about our ultimate fate. As our age increases, people becomes more religious. They have no courage to find truth or listen to another religious preacher.
Fear plays very important role in holding religious followers to their religion. I mean, you born in an alien world knowing nothing about your pre-existence, except what your parents told you. You were a combination of sperm and ovum called Zygote- a fertilized ovum. Before that, you never existed in physical world. Religion has enough information to quench your curiosity. Since, your childhood parents and teacher told you that lord will punish you if you some bad things. This fear of punishment makes a permanent home in your mind. As you grow up, you want to stick with your religion to escape punishment from lord. Your subconscious brain is so afraid that you will never allow your thinking brain to argue against it. Even if your brain wants to rebel because of facts and evidence, you console your brain using Pascal wager argument: “Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing”
He was right in his argument. Nevertheless, Mr. Pascal forget to answer most important question, i.e. which God or Which Faith? Does he meant a Christian God with a son and Holy Spirit? Alternatively, does faith means Islamic faith or Hindu faith or Greek Faith or Zoroastrians Faith.
Even though, Pascal wager argument is flawed, it is enough to console a fearful mind. You never try to search for truth because you are so afraid of losing faith in your religion that will cause you eternal torments. Your logic fails to tell you that, if you follow false religion you will waste both lives. The only way to succeed in both the world is to find the true faith and follow it passionately. Read your scriptures and others too. Take out some time and do some research. Spending one year in searching of true faith is more important than following wrong faith blindly. Birth is not the right way to choose your faith. Read my detailed post on this topic here.
Many people do not even realize that they are suffering because of fear. First, we need to recognize our fear to conquer them. Pin point your fear. Think what is holding you back. Is it your stammer? Is it your fear to lose job? Is it the risk involve? Is it your loved one or is it fear of your past mistakes? Once you pin point your fear, you can look for solution.
Fear of failure is the most common fear we encounter in our life. However, there is no point in fearing from failure. Failures are good. You can read more about it in my blog by clicking here. Besides that, if you want to avoid failure, then you need to start with positive frame of mind. You must think about success not failures. Start with success in your mind. It will give you enthusiasm, courage and confidence to win in any situation. Do not waste energy thinking about failures. Make a plan to win, and stick to it without worrying about outcome.
Start Facing your fears and you will see them vanishing. As you run away from your fears, you make fear grow and it becomes harder to conquer them. But for a successful life, eliminating fear is necessary.
Disclaimer: Please do not read it if you are allergic to truth or criticism. This post is for those who care for truth. My intention is not to disrespect or hurt anyone. However, Religion is sensitive issue for its follower, so even mild criticism can hurt them.
This is my third post about Christianity. I love Christians. In general, they are wonderful, peace loving and lovely people. May be that is the reason I am more concern about them. There are several reason why Christianity does not make sense to me.
- Christian churches are full of false propaganda and lies: Churches are not only corrupt but also spreading all types of lies. They use money to convert poor people’s living in developing and under developing countries to Christianity.
- Christianity is against human nature: Air, food, water, cloth, sex and shelter are basic needs of human being. If you do not provide them legitimately, people will find ways to get them illegitimately. Putting restriction on marriages for Pope, Father, Nuns and other clergy cause more harm than good. Churches backyard became graveyard of newborn babies.
- No original copies of Hebrew Bible exists. Only translations are available. During translation, that too were changed.
- Bible prophesies coming of another Prophet. Even after 2000 years, Christians were not able to find him. Why God wants a population of around two billion Christian to live in ignorance for so long period? There is no time in religious history when no Prophet came for 2000 years without any reason! As most of the Jews failed to recognise Jesus as messenger, Christian failed to recognise Prophet Mohammad! In that case, all Christians are following wrong religion.
- Ever since churches came into existence, they forced biblical worldview to its adherent even without confirming it. Just based on blind faith in Bible, which was already corrupted, they want every Christian to believe that earth is 6000 years old and it is centre of universe. They burn and forced people to change their views for hundreds of years until it was proved that earth is not centre of universe.
- Christian believe that Jesus Christ died a painful death to redeem us from original sin. Moreover, they believe Jesus christ is son of God and he himself is a God. If he is God why he can’t forgive everyone for the sins without sacrificing himself? Is he not capable of forgiving without sacrifice? Who made this rule, which he need to obey?
- After making the universe, God rest on the seventh day! For detail refer to my earlier post by clicking here.
- If you confess your sins in front of a pope in church confession box, your sins will be wiped out. In any religions, this is the simplest way of forgiveness I found. If forgiveness is so easy, no one will be afraid of punishment and everyone will involve in mischief.
- Bible supports slavery, misogyny, killing of non-Christian, Genocide, sexism etc. Some Verses are quoted below:
Samuel 15:3: “This is what the Lord Almighty says … ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ “
Moses’s call to kill witches, in Exodus 22:18: “Do not allow a sorceress to live.”
Ephesians 5:22, “Wives, submit to you husbands as to the Lord”; and similar advice for slaves in 1 Peter 2:18: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”
Exodus 21:20-21 – “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.”
Exodus 35:2 – “For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.”
Christian Apologist always defend such quotes from bible as cherry picking. However, Even if one thing is wrong or immoral in whole scripture of any religion, the whole thing is wrong. God does not make mistakes. No divine scripture can contain immoral and false information. Calling it cherry picking will not serve the purpose. Christian must accept that Bible is corrupted, and contain passages written by humans.
When you were worrying about anything, the most common advice you might receive is stop thinking. It is a good advice but not the practical one. The most important capability of our brain is that we can think, however, we have no ability to shut down our thinking. Our mind works continuously and it keep thinking one thing or the other all the time. Your Brain stops only when you are dead.Worries can harm you beyond imagination. It can lead you to depression. Below are few tips that might help you to cope up with tension, anxiety and depression:
- Our brain can produce hundreds of thoughts within a short span of time. Discard negative thoughts and focus on positive and happy thoughts. Elaborate those thoughts in your mind. Think about every minute detail. Distract your mind from your position to another world. Try to smile, even if you can’t smile from inside, just fake it using you lips stretch outward. One more thing you can do is to involve yourself in such activity which needs a lot of hand- eye co-ordination. For example juggling three balls. Your thinking brain can do one activity at a time. When you try to do several activities at the same time, which you are not habitual to, your brain will stop thinking about your worries and focus on the job in hand.
- You must understand that thinking and worries or tension are two entirely different things. We think all the time but it is not dangerous. Thinking is most precious gift we have. Problem occurs when we start thinking selectively about our worries and start taking tension about that thing which is not in our hand. If you conquer your worries, you will never be depressed. There is a Chinese proverb that says “if you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying”. Worrying is waste of time and energy. Instead of worrying and taking tension, you must first figure out whether you can do something about your problems? Focus on your circle of influence, i.e. those people and resources which you can directly influence. If there is a solution, go for it. If not then have fun with your friends and family.
- Share your problems with your best friend and loved one’s. Live in real world. Do not be a book-worm all the time. Do not be a net-holic . Humans are social animals. Keep yourself busy and creative work and entertainment. The biggest problem with depression is that patient never realise he/she is in depression. Hence, interacting with other people is very important. One more important point to skip anxiety is to stop asking question about why and start asking question about how. Many people invite depression by asking question like –why this happens to me? Why me? What wrong I did that this occurs to me? All this questions are meaningless as we do not born with a warranty card or list terms and conditions. We just born in an alien world. We must accept it as it is. Our experience teaches us that life is not fair, thus be ready for unpredictable incidents. Start asking –how I can come out of this situation. How this can make me stronger person. How I can take advantage of this situation to improve my life.
There are always two ways of thinking: positive and negative.
When a small bird shit on you, you can curse it or you can thanks God that elephant don’t fly.
When your flight is delayed, you can get angry on everyone or you can go to nearby coffee shop and enjoy a nice cup of coffee.
Life is all about making choices. Make right choice to live a happy life.
Please do comment on the post. Your comments are valuable.