Disclaimer: Please do not read it if you are allergic to truth or criticism. This post is for those who care for truth. My intention is not to disrespect or hurt anyone. However, Religion is sensitive issue for its follower, so even mild criticism can hurt them.
This is my third post about Christianity. I love Christians. In general, they are wonderful, peace loving and lovely people. May be that is the reason I am more concern about them. There are several reason why Christianity does not make sense to me.
- Christian churches are full of false propaganda and lies: Churches are not only corrupt but also spreading all types of lies. They use money to convert poor people’s living in developing and under developing countries to Christianity.
- Christianity is against human nature: Air, food, water, cloth, sex and shelter are basic needs of human being. If you do not provide them legitimately, people will find ways to get them illegitimately. Putting restriction on marriages for Pope, Father, Nuns and other clergy cause more harm than good. Churches backyard became graveyard of newborn babies.
- No original copies of Hebrew Bible exists. Only translations are available. During translation, that too were changed.
- Bible prophesies coming of another Prophet. Even after 2000 years, Christians were not able to find him. Why God wants a population of around two billion Christian to live in ignorance for so long period? There is no time in religious history when no Prophet came for 2000 years without any reason! As most of the Jews failed to recognise Jesus as messenger, Christian failed to recognise Prophet Mohammad! In that case, all Christians are following wrong religion.
- Ever since churches came into existence, they forced biblical worldview to its adherent even without confirming it. Just based on blind faith in Bible, which was already corrupted, they want every Christian to believe that earth is 6000 years old and it is centre of universe. They burn and forced people to change their views for hundreds of years until it was proved that earth is not centre of universe.
- Christian believe that Jesus Christ died a painful death to redeem us from original sin. Moreover, they believe Jesus christ is son of God and he himself is a God. If he is God why he can’t forgive everyone for the sins without sacrificing himself? Is he not capable of forgiving without sacrifice? Who made this rule, which he need to obey?
- After making the universe, God rest on the seventh day! For detail refer to my earlier post by clicking here.
- If you confess your sins in front of a pope in church confession box, your sins will be wiped out. In any religions, this is the simplest way of forgiveness I found. If forgiveness is so easy, no one will be afraid of punishment and everyone will involve in mischief.
- Bible supports slavery, misogyny, killing of non-Christian, Genocide, sexism etc. Some Verses are quoted below:
Samuel 15:3: “This is what the Lord Almighty says … ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ “
Moses’s call to kill witches, in Exodus 22:18: “Do not allow a sorceress to live.”
Ephesians 5:22, “Wives, submit to you husbands as to the Lord”; and similar advice for slaves in 1 Peter 2:18: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”
Exodus 21:20-21 – “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.”
Exodus 35:2 – “For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.”
Christian Apologist always defend such quotes from bible as cherry picking. However, Even if one thing is wrong or immoral in whole scripture of any religion, the whole thing is wrong. God does not make mistakes. No divine scripture can contain immoral and false information. Calling it cherry picking will not serve the purpose. Christian must accept that Bible is corrupted, and contain passages written by humans.
When you were worrying about anything, the most common advice you might receive is stop thinking. It is a good advice but not the practical one. The most important capability of our brain is that we can think, however, we have no ability to shut down our thinking. Our mind works continuously and it keep thinking one thing or the other all the time. Your Brain stops only when you are dead.Worries can harm you beyond imagination. It can lead you to depression. Below are few tips that might help you to cope up with tension, anxiety and depression:
- Our brain can produce hundreds of thoughts within a short span of time. Discard negative thoughts and focus on positive and happy thoughts. Elaborate those thoughts in your mind. Think about every minute detail. Distract your mind from your position to another world. Try to smile, even if you can’t smile from inside, just fake it using you lips stretch outward. One more thing you can do is to involve yourself in such activity which needs a lot of hand- eye co-ordination. For example juggling three balls. Your thinking brain can do one activity at a time. When you try to do several activities at the same time, which you are not habitual to, your brain will stop thinking about your worries and focus on the job in hand.
- You must understand that thinking and worries or tension are two entirely different things. We think all the time but it is not dangerous. Thinking is most precious gift we have. Problem occurs when we start thinking selectively about our worries and start taking tension about that thing which is not in our hand. If you conquer your worries, you will never be depressed. There is a Chinese proverb that says “if you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying”. Worrying is waste of time and energy. Instead of worrying and taking tension, you must first figure out whether you can do something about your problems? Focus on your circle of influence, i.e. those people and resources which you can directly influence. If there is a solution, go for it. If not then have fun with your friends and family.
- Share your problems with your best friend and loved one’s. Live in real world. Do not be a book-worm all the time. Do not be a net-holic . Humans are social animals. Keep yourself busy and creative work and entertainment. The biggest problem with depression is that patient never realise he/she is in depression. Hence, interacting with other people is very important. One more important point to skip anxiety is to stop asking question about why and start asking question about how. Many people invite depression by asking question like –why this happens to me? Why me? What wrong I did that this occurs to me? All this questions are meaningless as we do not born with a warranty card or list terms and conditions. We just born in an alien world. We must accept it as it is. Our experience teaches us that life is not fair, thus be ready for unpredictable incidents. Start asking –how I can come out of this situation. How this can make me stronger person. How I can take advantage of this situation to improve my life.
There are always two ways of thinking: positive and negative.
When a small bird shit on you, you can curse it or you can thanks God that elephant don’t fly.
When your flight is delayed, you can get angry on everyone or you can go to nearby coffee shop and enjoy a nice cup of coffee.
Life is all about making choices. Make right choice to live a happy life.
Please do comment on the post. Your comments are valuable.
Every day when I open my Facebook account, I saw many videos and posts forwarded by other people. Sadly, half of them are untrue and most of them are posted to spread hatred and communal divide in Indians. Unfortunately, without checking correctness of video, without checking authenticity of the video or even source people are forwarding the posts and videos. The deciding factor is whether the video correlates with your ideology and faith or not. Sharing of such fake video with wrong description is becoming life threatening for some of those persons shown in video.
Right now, Indians are living in one of the most dangerous and confusing situation. My humble request to everyone is to check the facts and authenticity of whatsApp and Facebook video, post or any message before forwarding it. In most of the cases, it is much better not to forward such posts and videos than to forward them and spreading lies and hatred. Not only you are helping spreading lies but also helping those who want to spread hate. With every click, they are earning money. Report such post and delete. Do not forward any post showing violence and hate crime. Use reverse psychology. Think about the person who uploaded the video. What he want by uploading a video showing four people beating a Dalit or a Muslim for carrying meat? He wants to create an atmosphere of terror and hate. Hence, if you want his not to succeed in his intention, stop forwarding such videos and report them and delete them. Ask your friends and family members to do the same.
If you want to forward anything, forward message of brotherhood, love, equality, humanity and peace. Make your Nation strong and stop communal forces from spreading poison.
Nothing has polarised humans into groups as colour did and even relegion perhaps stands second . We find a topic like this , so potentially insinuating owing to its emotional tone and the omnifarious understanding each carry in their head due to their naturally diversified experiences . And also its in our nature to always bring […]
Those who do not know the meaning of dynasty are trying to convince Indians that we are ruled by a Dynasty. However, they fail to name the dynasty! For very long time, India was ruled by one party not by one dynasty. Every Indian must understand the difference. If you look in the dictionary, below is the definition of dynasty :
A line of hereditary rulers of a country.
Nehru was the first prime minister of India. He had no son. Therefore, his dynasty ends with him. He was succeeded by fellow Congressman Lal Bahadur Shastri, whose 19-month term also ended in death. Then came the Gandhi dynasty which started with Indira Gandhi (w/o Feroze Jehangir Ghandy). Indira Gandhi, Nehru’s daughter, succeeded Shastri in 1966 to become the country’s first woman premier. Eleven years later, she was voted out of power in favour of the Janata Party, whose leader Morarji Desai became the first non-Congress prime minister. After he resigned in 1979, his former deputy Charan Singh briefly held office until Indira Gandhi was voted back six months later. Indira Gandhi’s second stint as Prime Minister ended five years later on the morning of 31 October 1984, when she was gunned down by her own bodyguards. That evening, her son Rajiv Gandhi was sworn-in as India’s youngest premier, and the third from his family.
Rajiv’s five-year term ended with his former cabinet colleague, V. P. Singh of the Janata Dal, forming the year-long National Front coalition government in 1989. A six-month interlude under Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar followed, after which the Congress party returned to power, forming the government under P. V. Narasimha Rao in June 1991. Rao’s five-year term was succeeded by four short-lived governments—the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Atal Bihari Vajpayee for 13 days in 1996, a year each under United Front prime ministers H. D. Deve Gowda and I. K. Gujral, and Vajpayee again for 19 months in 1998–99. After Vajpayee was sworn-in for the third time, in 1999, he managed to lead his National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government to a full five-year term, the first non-Congressman to do so. Vajpayee was succeeded by Congressman Manmohan Singh, the first Sikh premier, whose United Progressive Alliance government was in office for 10 years between 2004 and 2014. The incumbent Prime Minister of India is Narendra Modi who has headed the BJP-led NDA government since 26 May 2014 which is India’s first non-Congress single party majority government
Out of 70 years of independence, Nehru-Gandhi family ruled for 38 years intermittently, whereas for rest 32 years India was ruled by different political and Non Gandhi-Nehru so called dynasty. Both Congress and BJP are run by families. Congress is run by Gandhi-Nahru family and BJP run by SANGH Family (Pariwaar). However, none of them can be called dynasty.
Hence, India is not ruled by dynasty but by different political parties. Calling India a dynastic rule is wrong and must be avoided. However, some people want to generate political mileage by calling Congress-dynasty crook, which as you can see above is not correct. On one hand, BJP supporters call Sonia Gandhi Italian and do not allow her to became prime minister. On other hand they call Congress a Dynasty! If Sonia Gandhi, the ex-president of Congress party does not belongs to Gandhi family then how congress can be a dynasty?
Overthinking is the biggest cause of your unhappiness. Keep yourself occupied. Once you start overthink, you can’t stop. It keep your mind off things that don’t help you. Overthinking lead to false hope and bad mood. It makes you feel hopeless and worthless. Worry is total waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. All it […]
I always wonder why we have not yet eradicated starvation when so many organisations are distributing free food and other edibles? Truth is, by distributing free food we cannot achieve anything. By distributing free food, you are making people lazy and not interested in working anymore.
Around the world and especially in India, free food is distributed from decades. Still, population of people eating free food is increasing annually. If free food is solution of hunger, population which depends on free food must decrease over time but as mentioned above, population is increasing. Even after spending billions of Dollars daily, we are at the same situation. Every day we need even more food to serve.Below are some organisations working in this field:
- Hare Krishna Food for Life is the world’s largest vegetarian non-profit food relief organization. It provide up to 2,000,000 free meals daily.
- The Feeding America network distributed more than 3.6 billion meals to people in need in last one year.
- At the Sikh Golden Temple in Amritsar, India, nearly 100,000 people eat on an average day.
My intention of writing this post is not to discredit the noble work done by above organisation but to highlight the root cause.
A person needs free food when he/she does not have a source of income. Instead of distributing free food, if we utilise this money in providing education, skill development and generating employment then there will not be any need for free food.