Disclaimer: Please do not read it if you are allergic to truth or criticism. This post is for those who care for truth. My intention is not to disrespect or hurt anyone. However, Religion is sensitive issue for its follower, so even mild criticism can hurt them.
This is my third post about Christianity. I love Christians. In general, they are wonderful, peace loving and lovely people. May be that is the reason I am more concern about them. There are several reason why Christianity does not make sense to me.
- Christian churches are full of false propaganda and lies: Churches are not only corrupt but also spreading all types of lies. They use money to convert poor people’s living in developing and under developing countries to Christianity.
- Christianity is against human nature: Air, food, water, cloth, sex and shelter are basic needs of human being. If you do not provide them legitimately, people will find ways to get them illegitimately. Putting restriction on marriages for Pope, Father, Nuns and other clergy cause more harm than good. Churches backyard became graveyard of newborn babies.
- No original copies of Hebrew Bible exists. Only translations are available. During translation, that too were changed.
- Bible prophesies coming of another Prophet. Even after 2000 years, Christians were not able to find him. Why God wants a population of around two billion Christian to live in ignorance for so long period? There is no time in religious history when no Prophet came for 2000 years without any reason! As most of the Jews failed to recognise Jesus as messenger, Christian failed to recognise Prophet Mohammad! In that case, all Christians are following wrong religion.
- Ever since churches came into existence, they forced biblical worldview to its adherent even without confirming it. Just based on blind faith in Bible, which was already corrupted, they want every Christian to believe that earth is 6000 years old and it is centre of universe. They burn and forced people to change their views for hundreds of years until it was proved that earth is not centre of universe.
- Christian believe that Jesus Christ died a painful death to redeem us from original sin. Moreover, they believe Jesus christ is son of God and he himself is a God. If he is God why he can’t forgive everyone for the sins without sacrificing himself? Is he not capable of forgiving without sacrifice? Who made this rule, which he need to obey?
- After making the universe, God rest on the seventh day! For detail refer to my earlier post by clicking here.
- If you confess your sins in front of a pope in church confession box, your sins will be wiped out. In any religions, this is the simplest way of forgiveness I found. If forgiveness is so easy, no one will be afraid of punishment and everyone will involve in mischief.
- Bible supports slavery, misogyny, killing of non-Christian, Genocide, sexism etc. Some Verses are quoted below:
Samuel 15:3: “This is what the Lord Almighty says … ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ “
Moses’s call to kill witches, in Exodus 22:18: “Do not allow a sorceress to live.”
Ephesians 5:22, “Wives, submit to you husbands as to the Lord”; and similar advice for slaves in 1 Peter 2:18: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.”
Exodus 21:20-21 – “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.”
Exodus 35:2 – “For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.”
Christian Apologist always defend such quotes from bible as cherry picking. However, Even if one thing is wrong or immoral in whole scripture of any religion, the whole thing is wrong. God does not make mistakes. No divine scripture can contain immoral and false information. Calling it cherry picking will not serve the purpose. Christian must accept that Bible is corrupted, and contain passages written by humans.